Saturday, November 1, 2008

Time with my Sister

OH we had fun. My sister and I got together again--it doesn't happen very often because we are both so busy. We made cards most of the day and we also went and saw my daughter perform at the High School's Speech & Debate Meet. I'll have to talk about that some time--it's quite an experience if you've never gone to one. My daughter and her duo's partner came in 6th place.



Any how, we worked on techniques. She's a new stamper, but is very good. The card with just the evergreens on it we were trying to duplicate a technique that we saw on a card at Archivers last christmas. No one could tell us how they did it because the card came from the company. So we played until it came close. We stamped first. Then we outlined some of the tree parts with the Versa Mark pen. Embossed that in black. Then we stippled the sky with blues. Stippled the trees with green. Then we topped it off with some glitter. We thought it was successful. Though all the ones we did were just practices. I can't wait to see her final work!!!


We also worked on some miscellaneous cards she needed. Enjoy the pics:


It's hard to see but we did run the pink card through the Big Shot and embossed it with hands & feet. I love embossing!!!

No comments: