Wednesday, December 17, 2008

On Hand Christmas Gifts

We all have few...those people in our lives that we tend to forget about. Not because their insignificant, but because we don't see them often. So I like to keep a few little gifts on hand just for this reason.
So I made many boxes from the SU Scallop Envelope Bigz Die (cut 4 and glue together). I used the scallop punch to make the christmas trees (4, also flocked it using the craft whisper white). I punched a word window in brown and cut it in 2 for the stump of the tree. Stamped the outside with an SU Merry and Bright set, the snowflake back ground. Cut a brown strip of paper and glued it around the box. Glued the tree on.
Put some chocolates in a candy bag and hard candies in another; tied them both up with ribbon.
I also made many ornaments made from aluminum bead containers that have a clear front. I stamped some snow flakes on a blue circle I punch, glued that in the bottom of the container. Bought some snowflakes (mini) glued those on (popped out one, glued one to the inside of the clear top and one on the back). Using the Crop-A-Dile I punched two holes on the side of the container top, slipped a ribbon through, added some Dazzling Diamonds and used crystal effect to glue the lid on.
So I was able to then put the 2 candy bags in the box and set the ornament on top and we have a cute little gift.
I also used the ornaments on another gift I made which was a container of Chocolate Creme Wafers. I decorated as I did the box and I closed the lid on the ribbon of the ornament so it hung from it. See pic below.












No comments: